NEWS FROM THE SUPPORTERS TRUST…
Sixfields land deal
· There is presently no update on the proposed East stand and land deal at Sixfields stadium and we await further information from Northampton Town Football Club and West Northamptonshire Council.
Resignation of board member Jeffrey Roy
· Canadian-based Trust member Jeffrey Roy, who joined the Trust board in February, has stepped down from the board for personal reasons. We thank Jeffrey for his contribution in recent months and wish him well for the future.
Size of the Trust board
· Jeffrey Roy’s departure prompted discussion on the optimum size of the Trust board – there are presently ten full board members, with the Trust’s model rules stating that a maximum board size of 15 directors is permissible.
The size of the board is at the discretion of board members and, after much discussion, it was decided to make a maximum of 12 places available to members at the next Annual General Meeting.
Hospitality for displaced Ukrainians at Sixfields
· Board members Rob Duncan and Kevin Simons are liaising with representatives from the Ukrainian resettlement programme in Northampton with a view to offering hospitality to young Ukrainian football fans at a forthcoming Cobblers home match.
Step into Christmas!
· Stuck on a Christmas present for the Cobblers fan or fans in your life?
Stadium artist Paul Town’s fantastic print of Ian Clarkson’s goal against Bristol Rovers in the 1998 play-offs is available for collection at a bargain £20 (plus £4 postage and packing if posting out is required).
The Cobblers storybook No Finer Town, compiled by Trust chairman Andy Roberts, is also £20 (plus £3.50p/p if required) and we also have Trust Christmas cards – featuring a fab design by Mark Pacan – for sale.
For information on all items, or to order, please contact email@example.com
· In conjunction with Earls Barton Cobblers, the Trust will be running a coach to the League One game at Derby County on Tuesday 31 October, 7.45pm kick off. Pick ups in Wilby, Earls Barton and Northampton. For further information, please contact travel club secretary Roger Averill on 07802 437422.