Support for Ukrainian football fans
· The Trust has met with Ukraine fans group Stand Of Heroes to discuss possible ways of supporting Ukrainian families through a football campaign.
The Trust has advised the group of ways of raising awareness of their campaign in this country and is exploring, with the football club, ways of potentially hosting football fans within displaced families on a match day next season.
Judicial review decision is still outstanding
· The Trust will meet to finalise its position regarding the proposed sale and development of the old athletics track land at Sixfields once the outcome of the Judicial Review is known. At this point we will also seek a meeting with club chairman Kelvin Thomas as a follow up to the meeting held with Trust chair Andy Roberts and Ashley Brown of the Football Supporters’ Association in December.
Campaign on gamesmanship
· The Trust will be working with the Football Supporters Association on a campaign around stamping out blatant gamesmanship in football. A network meeting of the FSA will be held in August to discuss the issue.
Ian Clarkson signed print
· Prints are still available of Ian Clarkson’s goal v Bristol Rovers in the 1998 play-offs, why not snap up a wonderful souvenir of a great Cobblers occasion?
All prints are signed by the goal scorer, then Cobblers boss Ian Atkins and the artist and are available for £20 (£18 to Trust members) from firstname.lastname@example.org – there is £5 added for postage and packaging.
· The board has agreed to continue with the operation of Cobblers Travel for the 2023/24 season on a match-by-match basis.
The coaches will be run in conjunction with Earls Barton Travel and will operate for selected matches. The matches covered will be publicised shortly and Trust members are encouraged to support the coaches for away travel.
All profits made from the coaches will go to Northampton Town Supporters Trust and the club’s accounts will be available for public scrutiny. For further information, please contact travel club secretary Roger Averill on 07802 437422 or via email on email@example.com