Campaign on gamesmanship
· We are delighted that all stakeholders have committed to a #ProtectTheGame campaign designed to raise standards on and off the field. Last season the Supporters Trust lobbied the Northamptonshire Football Association, the Professional Footballers’ Association and the Football Supporters’ Association with concerns that fans will be turned off football if blatant gamesmanship and unsporting behaviour was not addressed.
· In conjunction with Earls Barton Cobblers, the Trust will be running a coach to the League One game at Derby County on Saturday 9 September, 12.30pm kick off. Pick ups in Wilby, Earls Barton and Northampton. For further information, please contact travel club secretary Roger Averill on 07802 437422.
· At £3 a roll, there is still time to enter the Trust’s Prediction Quiz for 2023/24. Please contact Roger Averill on email@example.com for a form and information on how to enter. The deadline for entries is 31 August.
Trust welcomes Judicial Review outcome
· The Trust has welcomed the outcome of the Judicial Review into the sale of land at Sixfields, which ruled that West Northamptonshire Council had followed the correct process in preparing a sale in favour of Northampton Town FC/County Developments Northampton (Ltd). The outcome should finally see the completion of the East Stand, which has been subject to numerous delays since owner David Bower and chairman Kelvin Thomas arrived at the club in 2015.
Trust board meeting with Kelvin Thomas
· Chairman Kelvin Thomas and the board of Northampton Town FC have declined to meet the new Supporters Trust board elected last February. The club has however reassured all fans that they will be engaged and kept informed as the land and stand deal progresses.