NEWS FROM THE SUPPORTERS TRUST…
Sixfields stand and land deal
· Northampton Town FC has announced the appointment of a local firm, GRS, to oversee the East Stand completion at the stadium. As yet there has been no announcement of the stand and land deal being signed off with West Northamptonshire Council. The council also has not as yet responded to the Trust’s letter from November which enquired about the status of the deal.
· Three board members who joined the Trust board at the AGM in February have resigned their positions. They are Rob Duncan and Heidi Green (13 December) and Bhyll Stephenson (11 January). Thank you to all for their contributions.
2023 Annual General Meeting
· The 2023 Annual General Meeting of the Supporters Trust will take place on 22 February 2024 at the Obelisk Centre, Obelisk Rise, Northampton.
A number of board vacancies exist and we would particularly welcome applications from young members, female members and those representing special interest groups to ensure greater diversity on the board.
Notification letters will go out to all members either via email or by post at the end of January. If you do not receive email correspondence, and are happy to be placed on the mailing list, please ‘opt in’ by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
For those whose membership lapsed at the end of 2023, renewals should be made via www.ntfctrust.co.uk/join-us
Hospitality for displaced Ukrainians at Sixfields
· The Trust will host young Ukrainian football fans with hospitality at Sixfields at the home game with Shrewsbury Town on 27 January.
· In conjunction with Earls Barton Cobblers, the Trust will be running coaches to the following away games:-
Saturday 20 January – Oxford United, 3pm (with city centre shopping)
Saturday 3 February – Portsmouth, 3pm (executive coach)
Tuesday 5 March – Peterborough United, 7.45pm
Saturday 9 March – Cambridge United, 3pm (with city centre shopping)
For further information, please contact travel club secretary Roger Averill on 07802 437422.